Leslie joined Ferrante & Dill as Of Counsel in 2023. She brings 30 years of felony jury trial experience gained from her distinguished career with the Maryland Office of the Public Defender. She has been recognized for legal abilities by the Judicial Nominating Commission who have twice sent her name to the Governor as one of a short list of qualified candidates to be appointed as a Judge of the District Court of Maryland. Her experience representing clients facing felony charges rivals any lawyer in this region of the state. She has handled the defense of countless homicide, robbery, burglary, and drug distribution cases.
Leslie received her BA in English and Philosophy from Loyola College in Baltimore, Maryland, and graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1991. After graduation, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Raymond G. Thieme, Jr. in the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County before joining the Public Defender’s Office.
Over the course of her career, she has earned the respect of judges and prosecutors in the courthouses of Calvert, St. Mary’s, Charles, Anne Arundel, and Prince George’s counties. In her practice she leverages her legal skills, experience, and status in the legal community to obtain excellent outcomes for her clients.
- Loyola College, B.A.
- University of Baltimore, School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1991
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section & Elder Law
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Calvert County Bar Association
- Southern Maryland Inns of Court
- Calvert County Pro-Bono Committee
- Attorney Grievance-Peer Review Committee Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission